|Welcome to hurricanewaves; this community is solely for posting "inspirational" (or not) pictures!|
We came up with the idea to make this community thanks to the successful website WE♥IT; since it's become so successful we've noticed that the site loads really slowly and we realized that LJ should have a community where people can post pictures like the ones they have on WE♥IT.
Here are the rules:
1. Any non safe for work content should be placed under a LJ-cut.
2. Any picture containing nudity must be artsy; not porn.
3. If you're posting more than one picture please use a LJ-cut and place ONE (1) outside the cut and the rest UNDER IT.
4. If the picture outside the cut (or the only picture you're posting) is too big for the main layout please make a thumbnail and place the the picture in its original size under the cut. (If you're posting one or two pictures it's okay to leave to small thumbnails outside the cut and the fullsizes under the cut.)
5. Don't be rude to other members. Violence or rude comments won't be tolerated.
6. Please use the proper tags! Here's the tags list in case you don't know them. If you feel like none of the tags go with your post don't tag your entry and add a note saying so, OR you can ask here.
7. Credit to the original source is optional.
8. There's no limit or minimum amount of pictures required -- feel free to go crazy as long as you follow the LJ-cut rule.
• Example post.
• FAQ / Contact the mods.
• Promote the community.
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!
See a bug? Let us know! Here you can also share your thoughts and ideas about updates to LiveJournal
Your request has been filed. You can track the progress of your request at:
If you have any other questions or comments, you can add them to that request at any time.